- I have the best husband.
- I have the cutest kids.
- I have the most patient husband.
- We always have good food to fill our tummies.
- Our home is cozy and comfortable.
- Our family has our health.
- My mocha latte/Nutella pancakes I'm having for breakfast right now.
- Pandora. More specifically, my Three Little Birds channel.
- My husband thinks I'm sexy.
- I am blessed.
Friday, October 28, 2011
.... or Things I'm Thankful For at this moment (a nicer title).
Thursday, October 27, 2011
I've learned that the best decisions I have made are those I have consciously made.
In trying to learn from my past, I move forward in life constantly striving to be more self aware and to notice these paths as they come before me.
Blah. Blah. Blah.
Here is a list of decisions I've made to which I bear absolutely no regrets.
- I changed my name from Tabby to Tabi. Well, my birth certificate name is Tabitha, but my parents/family always called me Tabby. When I was about 12ish, I made the decision to spell it Tabi instead. It made more sense to me. I'm uber happy I did it bc it makes me feel more unique, feels logical and separates me from being Tabby - like the cat (I still cringe when people say this). A name is a very large part of a person's identity - and I kind of feel like I had a hand in my own name.
(I have a very large pig in my room from my childhood that still says 'Tabby'. It's a good reminder of little kid Tabby.)
I moved to Florida. In high school it came to me that I needed to move to Florida. I didn't have any solid reasons why Florida would be my future residence, other than I hated (with a passion) being freezing and winter chills and standing at the bus stop with frozen hair. And although I do miss my family and dear friends so so much sometimes - this is a decision I have never looked back on as a bad idea. I married Christopher Blair. It took me a week to say yes to his proposition. But, ever since that day I decided to, I have never ever not once had a single regretful thought. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I got married in Vegas with pink hair. To get married in Vegas with pink hair was the wedding I'd dreamed about as a little girl. Dreams do come true. :) I quit my dead end job to be a full time SAHM. Even though we are in financial ruin. Even though there are days when I seriously question my sanity and even my competency to be in charge of three little humans. Even though my portfolio and skills are way out of date... It's the best thing for my family and I have never been happier. Living the dream. :)
I will refrain from listing the decisions I've made that I do regret.
Monday, October 24, 2011
|I just found this online after searching dream house. How cool! |
I wonder how much Windex they go through?
- An island in the kitchen. I always need prep space and the kids always want to help - it's nearly impossible to entertain three (sometimes 4) kids in my kitchen while trying to prepare edible food and not destroying things in the process. In my head - an island is the answer to all my kitchen problems.
- A room that doesn't have toys in it. I am a minimalist and a clutter-phobe. I have accepted that kids come with toys and have mostly come to peace with it. But is it too much to ask for just one room without toys? Segway to my next list item...
- A play room. With a chalkboard wall. A room to stow all toys. In my head - this is the answer to all my toy problems. I have thought that maybe when Zoie gets a little older and out of her crib, we might have a year or two where the kids are all the right age to all share 1 room - making the other room available for a play room? It will require some creativity, hrmmmmmm....
- A room with nothing in it. Maybe a mirror wall and some speakers. We can do yoga, dance, meditate, use it as a party room, large space needing projects - the possibilities are endless.
- A tree house. No explanations for that needed. What's not cool about a tree house?
- Patio table and chairs. On TV/Movies I always see families taking their breakfast/dinners outside and get super envious. We would eat outside often if it was as nice as it is in my head.
- A walk in closet. A la Carrie Bradshaw. A girl can dream, right?!?
- A garden tub. With candles around it.
I think it's a modest list. Right?
|Taking over the MacBook already...|
I like to write lists. I like to write them in my Notes app on my phone (and now in my Reminders - an amazing addition to iOS5 :D), on pieces of random paper, on post it notes, on my computer, in my head (especially while taking showers), NOT on my Facebook status updates, et cetera et cetera. But it's obviously not enough. There are a few I need to write on here to archive for all eternity on the internet.
I will start my first List in a new post as to properly headline. :)