Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, May 3, 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge

 
I learned about this 31 Day Blog Challenge on Katie Ferry's blog The Lovely Life and clicked through to see it originated from Boy Oh Boy. After 3 days of pondering and contemplating whether or not I can commit to such a thing, I think today is the day I'm jumping in. Here I go.

And I'm going to catch up, too. :)


Day 1: Introduction and Recent Photo

Zoie and me. She's a snuggler.
Hello, welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by!

I am Tabi, I'm 29ish and a proud stay at home Mom.  I worked full time up until I had Zoie in September 2010, so I'm sort of newish at the SAHM gig, but I'm rocking it. I have a superhero husband (Christopher) and 3 1/2 beautiful children: Roxy (6), Riley/The Bear (4), Zoie (just about 20 months) and Cameron (my stepson, 10 minus 8 days).

I blog about my family, mostly, but also my hopes, dreams, crazy thoughts, happenings in our life and what keeps me happy. I have a recurring Five Things That Make Me Happy Friday post and sometimes I post Parent Tips. I like lists and Instagram pictures. (Follow me on Instagram, I'm tabid. )

I started this blog as a way to put more emphasis on the positive things in my life and also as a way to record and remember these happenings as my memory is super crappy. A bonus is it helps me keep in touch with far away family, I moved to Florida from Maryland when I was 19 and miss my family and dear friends bunches. What I didn't realize when I started this blog was how cathartic blogging is. That, to date, is my most favorite blogging surprise.


Day 2: 20 Facts About Me

A list! What fun!!
  1. I'm late for everything... everything.
  2. I love yoga and working out.
  3. We are Nooby Veganish people. Really, we are vegetarians, but my son has a milk allergy, so most of our meals are vegan. I am not opposed to an omelet or throwing some crumbled cheese on my salad, though.
  4. We have 2 dogs (Sidney and Bentley) and a pet mouse (Leia).
  5. I L-O-V-E Star Wars!!! 
  6. I have 6 tattoos.
  7. I am an IKEA fanatic. For real, I have been known to make an IKEA trip for batteries.
  8. I love turtles.
  9. I have aspirations to own a yoga studio one day.
  10. Or a bakery in California.
  11. My house looks like a preschool.
  12. I am most relaxed on a warm beach with my feet in the sand.
  13. Often, bugs will drop dead right in front of me. It's weird and freaks me out every time.
  14. I used to clog dance when I was little.
  15. I'm becoming crunchier by the minute. I recycle, eat veganish, use eco friendly products and do all I can in my power to save the earth.
  16. I question authority much!
  17. In real life, I don't have a filter. I used to think of it as a positive thing, as being utterly honest. My husband doesn't think the same.
  18. My favorite color is pink. Or maybe teal. Or purple. Mostly I'm fickle and my favorite color will change with my mood.
  19. I drive a minivan...
  20. I believe anything is possible.

Day 3: My Favourite Quote

"Playing it safe can cause
a lot of damage in the long run."
-Banksy




And here I am, caught up. Whoot! Until tomorrow, peeps.

<3, Tabi :D


8 comments:

  1. Glad you have joined in the challenge.

    LOVE ikea too - they finally opened in N Ireland a few years ago, before that we used to take a boat to Scotland to visit Ikea!!

    Great quote ... and love Banksy art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, JanMary! That's pretty hardcore to take a boat to go to IKEA. Once I traveled 1 hour to a grand opening of the IKEA in Orlando (before there was one in Tampa) when I was 8 months pregnant and people thought I was crazy. But I think you win the biggest IKEA fan contest for taking the boat! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to have another person in the challenge. :) Loved reading your list and that photo is SO cute. Also, I have the same thing with bugs falling dead in front of me! :)

    I'm about to move to Florida from the UK (I'm originally from Pennsylvania), so I'm freaking out a little. Is it a nice place to live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where in Florida are you moving?

      Delete
    2. OMG! I am so happy I'm not the only one with the dead bug thing. It's so freaky, right??

      I love living in Florida. The economy is in the crapper, but that means houses are cheap. The sunshine, warm weather, beautiful scenery and sandy beaches more than make up for it.

      Delete
  3. I joined the Challenge a bit late also so I'm catching up on visiting people :-)

    I love turtles too -- we are forever stopping to save them from the highways around here -- silly turtles :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! A fellow turtle rescuer! Thanks for visiting, Marie.

      p.s. I like the name Venus!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you joined the challenge Tabi! Your battery run to Ikea fact made me smile and I love this quote. :) Welcome to the blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...