Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 24: My Favourite Childhood Book



I am very sad to admit that I have thought about this all day and can't think of one fond memory from childhood involving a book. I've never been a 'reader' and to this day can't get myself to finish a grown up type book. I get tired. I lose interest, even if the book is on a subject I'm very interested in. I fall asleep...

In school, the only books I read were the ones required. I did it, but it didn't mean that I enjoyed it at all. I do, however, recall reading 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl in Middle School and thought it wasn't awful. I semi enjoyed reading that one! (Although, I have to admit I love the movie more... both versions.)

Also, in Middle School art class, I remember looking through books for inspiration for a project. I came across 'Yertle the Turtle' by Dr. Seuss and that is where my turtle and Dr. Seuss obsessions began.

I love children's books and read to my own children every day in hopes to sow the seeds that they will have a positive view on books and not hate them as much as I did in school.

How did other bloggers answer this? Click here to find out.

<3, Tabi :D

1 comment:

  1. I am also a Dr Seuss fan and my son now has the same books by him that I read. I have always enjoyed reading, however, and I can't imagine life without it.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...