Perhaps I should define "mostly vegan" a bit. First, we found out our Bear was allergic to milk, so we immediately cut back on the dairy products. Then, a few weeks later, Roxy had her revelation about the moral aspects of eating meat, and since then we've been vegetarians. Vegetarians that rarely have dairy. But eggs are okay in our book. For the ease of our suppers, I've been cooking vegan dinners. Vegan makes everyone happy.
|Simple Vegan Tofu Lasagna|
- We call this Mac and Not Cheese. Usually I serve the broccoli on the side. For some reason the kids like it much better not mixed together. And, somehow the process gets easier every time I make this.
- Vegan Enchiladas. I love me some Mexican food, so I was ecstatic when this one came up a winner! The kids aren't the biggest fans, but they choke it down like champs. I'm in LOVE with the Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce.
- Spaghetti with Vegan Pasta Sauce cooked with Boca Crumbles. Who doesn't love a good spaghetti? When I don't make my own sauce, this is a great alternative and is vegan.
- Noodle Stir Fry with Asian Veggie Mix. Served with Egg Drop Soup. (Okay, so the egg drop soup is not vegan, but we love eggs and the kids ADORE egg drop soup.)
- Simple Vegan Tofu Lasagna. This is really yummy and surprisingly simple to prepare!
- Quinoa with Chickpeas and Tomatoes. Except I totally switch up this recipe. I use couscous cooked in vegetable broth, and add in sauteed red onions and swap the parsley for cilantro.
- Vegan Pizza. I usually make this with my own easy pizza sauce, dough from the bakery, The Sexy Vegan's Nottzarella sauce and fixins of my mood. Usually, I top on some broccoli, Bacos, peppers, onions, sometimes Tofurkey Pepperoni slices.
- Smoothies. This one's not a dinner, but we serve smoothies daily around here. Everyone loves a good smoothie and it's super fun to mix up different fruits, juices, soy milk, etc and see what the outcome is. I haven't found a smoothie I dislike yet.
- Fajitas made from peppers, onions and sliced boca chicken patties. Sounds weird, but totally yum. I sometimes serve this with corn or some version of my mexican rice invention.
- On super duper easy nights, my go to isn't the healthiest, but it's okay because it doesn't happen so often. Crispy Crowns served with either a veggie burger patty, chik'n patty or some chik'n nuggets. We like Gardein a lot. Add in some steamed veggies and it's a complete meal!
<3, Tabi :D