Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DIY Lightsaber Storage

 (Disclaimer: this is my lame first attempt at publishing a sort of DIY.
Please bear with me, but any and all constructive criticisms are welcome.)

I can't be the only one with the pesky problem of lightsabers all over the house, right? We have collected so many that they didn't have a proper home anymore. It was high time we figured something out and made a special spot for all those lightsabers.

So, on a slow Sunday, while Daddy worked on a bigger project in the garage and I assigned myself to the task of organizing a closet, I put the kids to work.

Here's how we made this super easy Lightsaber Storage Box:

1.) I took an empty diaper box and taped up the flaps. Diaper boxes are amazingly sturdy, btw.

2.) Lo and behold, it was the perfect size for wrapping up with four giant Star Wars coloring book pages, decorated by my super talented-with-crayons kids. So, they chose 4 pages from the book, ripped them out and got to coloring.

3.) When the coloring was completed (or they got tired of coloring the humongous pages), they picked out some stickers to accessorize with. The pages were ready!

4.) I taped the pages onto the box with sturdy masking tape on the bottom and insides so it didn't interfere with the aesthetic.

5.) To hide the seams (where the coloring book pages met), I used some washi tape I had on hand. It added to the design and was functional, too. :)

6.) Gather up the lightsabers from ALL OVER the house and stuff them in. This part was fun! Kind of like an Easter Egg Hunt.

7.) Done-zo!

So when I see an out of place lightsaber, which is a much rarer occurrence now,  the kids know exactly where to put it, no questions asked.

One step closer to organization = one happier Mommy. :)

Hmmm... I wonder how they store the lightsabers at the Jedi Academy?

<3, Tabi :D

2 comments:

  1. Totally made my day!

    Now I need to make light sabers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't be the only one with the pesky problem of lightsabers all over the house, right?" This is EXACTLY what I was thinking and how I found your article! Thanks for posting! This has given me several ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...