Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Monday, May 21, 2012

7 Years Ago

May 21, 2005
Dear Christopher, 

Seven years ago today, I became a Deneweth. We got married in Vegas. I had pink hair. Just like I had imagined as a little girl, only Elvis didn't officiate. Taking those vows and making that huge promise to you at the top of the Stratosphere was the perfect metaphor, my feet haven't touched the ground since. I'm still floating on top of that tower.

Seven years ago today, I found out that I was pregnant with our first baby girl. I knew immediately that she was a girl... you weren't so sure. That new knowledge that we had a little princess growing in me the morning on our marriage, made me that much more positive that I was on the right track, I was doing exactly what I was meant to be doing. There were no cold feet on this bride to be.

Seven years ago, you were a different person. As was I. I read that people regenerate completely (on the cellular level) every seven years. I know that we are different not only cellularly, but we have grown immensely in these past seven years in our wisdom and life experiences.

I love your new person more than I loved you seven years ago.

In seven years, we've bought a house, created 3 perfect little beings, gone through major career changes, done away with my cute little Golf and bought ourselves a minivan, turned ourselves into the family we are now. We have had some major ups and also dealt with some downs. And through it all, you have never wavered your support or love for me. I have felt secure in each and every twist and turn we've been through that (1) we'll make it through okay, and (2) our family is the only priority.

I am excited for the next seven years and the next and the next and the next. I can't wait to see what new people both of us will become. Because of you, I keep getting better and better.

I love you. Happy Anniversary.

<3, Tabi :D

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! That was so sweet! :)
    And look at that picture of my hippy husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your husband makes a great hippie. :)

      Delete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...