Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, August 23, 2012

BFF's

Isn't it funny how we only ever remember to snap pictures of our kids...
even when visiting a far away friend?
This post is about friendship. Those true friends with whom you form a bond so strong, it doesn't matter how far away you move, how long it goes between conversations, how heated the fights get... well, this seems to sum it up:
"True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for awhile. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off."
- the Internet (Seriously, I have no clue... do you?)
I have 3 friends up north, who I am talking about in particular. These are the chicks I had on my Must See list when "planning" our Summer Adventure. 

I first met and bonded with all three of these girls in my high school years. Since then, over a decade has passed. All of us have experienced falling in love, heartache, pregnancy and childbirth, and many many other rites of passage into adulthood. Yet when we get together, we are the same people we were back then.

People don't change, I know this. Who you are inside was decided in your genetic code, long before birth... it's in your soul. This part of people never changes. Only the superficial stuff changes.

What's super fun about meeting up these days is (among other things) seeing our children play together. It's a huge reminder and beautiful portrayal of the whole circle of life.

It also reminds me how mean it is that we all live so far apart. Luckily, we have Facebook and texting and those few, precious times when we happen to be in the same state and are able to rearrange our hectic schedules to meet up to physically check in with those pieces of our heart.

In direct contrast with yesterday's post... all the craziness of traveling around was definitely worth it and I feel like one lucky lady I was able to pull it off.

<3, Tabi :D

For posterity: other pictures of BFF playdates here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...