Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, June 24, 2011

On being a hippie (but not the dirty kind)


Hippie: one who is aware
 Being a "hippie" is kind of a goal for me.  Hippies are all about peace, love, happines, being green/eco-conscious, etc etc... and all those things sound pretty freakin' awesome to me. I say 'kind of' because I don't want to give up my luxuries, go off the grid and drive around in a van.

Things I've achieved that I can cross off my hippie goal checklist:
  • I love Dharma and Greg! I mean LOVE this show. Back when we had cable, I used to DVR all the rerun episodes even though I've seen them all - MANY times. I mean, what's not to love about this show?
  • I search for inner peace constantly. I yoga whenever I can, I follow @tinybuddha on twitter. Achieving inner peace is a hard one, but I am working on it.
  • I reduce, reuse and recycle, use reusable grocery bags, buy 'green' cleaning products (Charlies Soap anyone?), I'd drive a Prius if I could fit 3 car seats and an additional kid in it. 
  • I do my best to be grateful. This concept is fairly new to me - but in my prayers every night I thank God for my blessings. And I am grateful I have an iPhone - even if it's just a 3G at the moment... on a 2G network (inside joke).
  • I never wear proper shoes.
  • I have a kid named Rainbow - middle names count!
  • NOT a Republican!
I'm thinking I will come back to this with some post edits. I know I'll think of more.

So, what do I need to work on?
  • Well, obviously achieving peace is an ongoing work in progress.
  • I need to find ways to move my peace workings outwards - towards my family, community, and onwards. ;)
  • Love more (ahem, Christopher - wink, wink)
  • I need to be more green. I had this idea a while ago that I need to buy only locally grown produce. It's a great idea - and I'm going to do it. It's just harder than it sounds. 
  • Yoga MORE! Eventually I will be that hot yoga Mom. I even would love to teach yoga one day.
  • Be more of a humanitarian. 
  • I want to get one of those fat buddhas in lotus position for my garden. And I need a garden.
What did I mean by 'but not the dirty kind'? I just meant that I shower. And I wear deodorant. And I'm not like the camping - outdoorsy type of chick. Not that camping makes you dirty - well it does - but that's not what I'm saying.

Peace!

p.s. Camping only makes you short term dirty, that's what I was trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...