Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Monday, July 9, 2012

We are Hooked

photo via Pinterest
Maybe this post is totally unrelated to my blog. Maybe I shouldn't hit publish. Maybe I am just typing this out for the sake of getting this stuff out of my head. 

Warning :: SPOILER ALERT

Ugh. Lately my life has been revolving around True Blood. My thoughts have been invaded by vampires, werewolves, fairies, shapeshifters and witches.

Currently, we've watched from Season One through All episodes of Season Four except for the finale, which we will watch tonight, I'm sure. We've watched 1 or 2 or 3 episodes pretty much every night since the middle of June. So, in about one months time, we will be caught up with the rest of you True Blood peeps. Cramming it all in has caused us to be prisoners to the TV after the children go to sleep. Christopher has even said, "Once we get caught up, we can have our lives back."

So, I have a few thoughts I wanted to share:
  • Vampire boyfriends, despite the baggage they seem to come with, do have advantages: they probably don't have gross bodily eruptions (i.e. flatulence), you probably won't find yourself waiting on them to finish up in the bathroom all the time, and you don't even have to cook them dinner! Plus the whole, they-save-you-when-you're-in-trouble and can-bring-you-back-from-the-brink-of-death-with-their-blood thing. That's pretty cool, too.
  • I am a fan of true love and will root for Sookie and Bill till the end.
  • However, Vampire Eric is a hottie. His height is what gets me, he's 6' 4"! Did you know he is Swedish (the actor, not the vampire)? How did the Swedes and Norwegians get all the attractive genes in this world? Have you ever seen an ugly Nordic person? I didn't think so.
  • Also, I wasn't a fan of retard Eric. (Sorry for the non p.c. term, but you know what I mean, right?)
  • I've wondered from the beginning of this show... do towns like this exist? I mean, minus all the supernatural creatures. The small town, everyone knows everyone vibe, the stupid cops that can't seem to solve any crimes, where people go to the same restaurant/bar every single night... While, it would be nice to have such a feeling of community, the ruralness of it all does freak me out a little, even without the monsters.
  • I've been catching myself trying to be a bit more Sookie-ish. With my demeanor, some of my clothes, acting a bit more self confident... if only I could read minds.
  • With all the super crazy stuff that happens on the show, I somehow see it in my head that any of it/all of it could actually happen in this world. Because... why not? 
  • This werewolf guy that is crushing on Sookie just needs to get out. He is rather annoying and bores me.
  • POST EDIT: Maybe I am figuring out the HBO dram formula here?? As compares to Sex and the City: If Sookie is Carrie, then Bill is Big and Eric is Aiden. If I'm right, Sookie WILL end up with Bill. I hope I'm right...

 If you made it to the end of this post... tell me, what are your thoughts on True Blood?

<3, Tabi :D 

1 comment:

  1. I've never watched True Blood, but I can tell you that small towns like the one you described do exist. I know, because I grew up in one!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...