Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Goal: Purge and Organize

"A HOME DOESN'T NEED TO BE BIG, JUST SMART"

If you know me then you know I <3 IKEA. Something about Swedish design makes me swoon. I can't think of a bad thing to say about IKEA, their products, their store, their prices or even their cafeteria.

Yesterday, much to my surprise, I received my copy of the 2012 IKEA catalog in the mail. :D

And now, I am motivated and on a mission to purge this little house of all unnecessary, unneeded and/or unwanted items a la Clean House style and organize organize organize. I want this place to look like it belongs in that catalog. I'm convinced it will make a happy Deneweth family.

I need to write about this so I don't forget about it. BIG PLANS.

I have 5 1/2 family members + 2 dogs in a 1475 sq. ft home. There are 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, a 2 car garage (laundry room in garage), a screened in porch and a weird room between the kitchen and the master bedroom we call 'the office'. We use it to pile junk in.

Currently, every room in the house is a toy room. My goal is to de-clutter and give every kid at least one spot they can call their own AND make it so maybe we can have a living room without toys (gasp!). Get rid of 'the office' and turn it into a space for filing paperwork and extra storage for the kitchen (shelving? some type of cabinet?)... maybe a trolley or two?

Recap.
What are we doing? Purging and organizing.
When? Starting in September.
Why? To make a happy Deneweth family and prepare for upcoming birthdays and Christmas.
How? Lots of coffee, patience and yard sale/craigslisting.

Ooh. I'm so excited! :D
Expect before and after pictures.

Oh. And wish me luck. I will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...