Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, August 5, 2011

Reflections on Episode I: The Phantom Menace

General Grievous (note: NOT in Episode 1)
It's official - the Deneweth kids are going through their Star Wars phase now. It's a milestone - all kids go through it, right? By all kids, I mean kids that are boys or kids with brothers - maybe? (I'm backtracking) I'm just saying - us Kohansby girls didn't go through it.

My point is that I know NOTHING about Star Wars, and we are learning together and it's kind of fun! Riley has been running around with the Lego Star Wars figures he has stolen from his big brother's stash for weeks now. They have light sabers, they play Darth Vader and Princess Leia. Riley got this awesome General Grievous mask (see above).... aaaand we just watched our first movie today.

I asked around and the general consensus was to start with Episode 1, Episode 2 and so on (and not chronological order as I had thought). So today, we watched Episode I: The Phantom Menace. If you haven't seen it, small spoiler below - don't read on.

Our reflections:
  • Jedis are cool!
  • ... But Darth Maul is cooler! He has spikes on his head!!!
  • Alien Planet Queens are so pretty. And have really awesome/elaborate wardrobes. Plus, they are really down to earth and friendly. Lots of good qualities.
  • On watching the scene where Darth Maul kills one of the Jedis (the one that wasn't Obi Wan), Roxy's reaction:
    <Gasp!> I thought the good guys always won?!?!?!? Why did the authors do that?!?!? 
Roxy with her Queen Amidala makeup - we couldn't figure out the hair.

That is all. May the force be with you.

(I can't wait for Episode 2!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...