Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, July 15, 2011

5 Days in a Row

Christopher Blair is in training. So his hours changed for two weeks, and it seems to drastically affect me. I'm used to two days without Christopher and then Christopher. But this week (and I have to do it again next week... ugh), he worked Monday through Friday.

Five days.

By Wednesday I was lost. It's weird how you get used to things being one way, then they change... and I didn't know what to do with myself.

By day five (today), I got to a point I was so frustrated with myself, I could have punched myself in the head....

Anyways, I don't know how mantras work - really - but I need to figure it out. 

I need to remember to consider that maybe I should be doing exactly what I am doing, and not what I think I should be doing.

Something like that anyways....

And after some words of encouragement via text messages courtesy of Christopher, I turned the day around and checked everything off my list:
  • laundry
  • grocery*
  • HAVE FUN, RELAX A LITTLE... See?


My girl should be in magazines.

Ask me how many compliments she got on her pigtails.
Okay, I'll tell you: 3!!


And the Bear ran away from me and the camera.
 
Matching bathing suits, $5, Old Navy. Heck yea!

At the end of the day... reflecting with my glass of Chardonnay - a couple of thoughts:
  1. How do mothers that have to go 5 days in a row, or even worse - single mothers do it all the time?!?  Support systems are so important to sanity.
  2. The whole I should be doing what I'm doing thing.
  3. My husband is my anchor. I am lost without him.
Have a great weekend - Gramma's tomorrow and Addie's Princess and Pirate Party on Sunday.

Peace. <3

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing Mommy and wife, Tabi! :)

    ~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...