Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, July 13, 2012

Five Things that Freak Me Out Friday the 13th

Switching it up today!

In honor of the phenomenon that is Friday the 13th,  instead of talking about Five Things That Make Me Happy today, my list will reveal Five Things that Freak Me Out. Because, it's fun to play along with the freakiness that comes along with superstitions sometimes.

Don't worry, my dear blog readers, it's not too freaky. And I promise to come back next Friday with my usual Happy list for you. ;)


Five things that Freak Me Out... to the core:
  1. The Dark. I have ALWAYS been afraid of the dark. It ain't no thing to admit it, go ahead... make fun of the grown woman afraid of the dark. For my birthday a few years ago, my husband surprise installed the best nightlight ever. I have lights that surround my bed so I sleep soundly in a glowing cocoon of light and comfort.
    What about the dark is it that freaks me out so bad? I honestly can't pinpoint it. I suppose it's generally the fear of the unknown. When something is questionable, I always picture the worst case scenario... and in the dark that scenario is perfectly plausible since, after all, you can't see what's going on to bust your freaky theory.
  2. Styrofoam. I get chills even thinking about Styrofoam. The sound of it rubbing against anything and making that awful squealie sound, the texture of it.. the thought of cutting through it with a dull object is the worst! Blech!!
  3. Snakes. You would think living in Florida for the past 13 years has desensitized me, but heck no! Even little baby ones send me running and screaming like a 3 year old. If there is a snake on TV, I will be the one on the couch covering my eyes and asking if it's over yet. I have awful nightmares about snakes. Awful nightmares! Dude, some snakes can swallow people! Slithery freaky, evil looking little things. I almost didn't make it through Kung Fu Panda because of the animated girl snake.
  4. Venturing outside of civilization. You know... rural places. Places where in the dark, it's dark. Where there is little to no cell phone signal. Places where if you get stranded somehow, you are just screwed. I have seen way too many scary movies to trust rural America. Even somewhat rural freaks me out, I immediately think of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Put me in a scary ghetto or abandoned insane asylum in the middle of the city any day before you will catch me chillaxing it up in a place with no cell signal.
  5. Guns. I trust no one with a gun. Not the army. Not the cops. Not even someone I know and trust otherwise. Guns = Death. Accidents happen all the time, and gun accidents are about as safe for any human as an encounter with a hungry Great White Shark.

Blog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop
So, I spilled my guts. What freaks you out?
Play along in the spirit of this superstitious day and share with the blogosphere what it is that gives you the willies.

<3, Tabi :D

2 comments:

  1. Great post Tabi :) I hate guns they really do freak me out OH wanted to take up clay pigeon shooting and buy and keep a gun I totally put my foot down!
    Spiders are a given and wasps really freak me out! You won't ever catch me watching a scary movie I'm such a wuss! In general though Friday 13th doesn't bother me at all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Putting your foot down is key in situations such as these. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...