Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Monday, July 2, 2012

It happened a year ago today...


It happened a year ago today...

... a terrible accident occurred, that could have been prevented.  In a split second, the lives of so many were effected and left to deal with a tragic loss. Lilly left us July 2nd, 2011.

I have a lump in my throat typing this up.

One year ago today, I learned so much. I learned that life is precious. I learned that we are not, in fact, invincible and that bad things do happen to good people sometimes. 

Life is beautiful, but not fair.

I learned that no matter how hard we try to protect our children, their safety is not always in our hands. We have a lot less control than we think we do.

I learned to focus on what's important: the people I love and care about. The rest... the rest is just stuff.

I learned that I can learn a lot from a 5 year old. My own daughter has proved to me that there is something more. I saw tiny miracles happen and I will never forget them.

I learned that a years' time doesn't lessen the pain.

I learned that there is magic in this world. I know that rainbows, dragonflies, butterflies and even frogs are all in on it.

Please keep Lilly's family in your prayers today. To try and imagine that pain is too much for me to bear, prayers do help. The universe is listening.

<3, Tabi :D
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a tragic story, poor Lilly, my prayers are indeed with her family.
    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and for the reminder of just how precious life is! Much love and positive energy to you, Roxy & Lilly's family. I cannot even fathom the heartbreak :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly's story absolutely breaks my heart. As a parent, that is my absolute worst fear. My heart and prayers absolutely go out to you and her family. Also tears, there are lots of tears.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...