Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Random Thoughts.

Not that it's that time yet, but how will these kiddos communicate with their friends?
Last week Riley's VPK class was learning about fire safety. One of the homework assignments was to go over a fire safety checklist in the home. We tested the batteries in our smoke detectors, the location of fire extinguishers, we discussed different ways we can get out of our house, a meeting spot, how important it is to crawl to safety if the house is filled with smoke... And then we got to the part where it said to post an emergency number next to the home phone.

 

What.


I don't think we are odd in America in the fact that we have no landline phone; only cell phones. Up until a year and a half ago, we did have a phone (not even landline, but a modem phone), but seriously never ever used it.

And so, at that moment, while reading that checklist, I realized that my children may never use a phone that has actual number buttons and not a touch screen. They may never hear the sound of a dial tone. Or have to worry about their brother or sister listening in on their private calls.

And then I thought... how will their friends call them to chat about boys or what they are planning to wear on picture day, or whatever it is kids talk about these days.

Are those days over?

God, I feel like a dinosaur. 

Things have changed. I suppose when they do get to that age, they'll set up their iMessage accounts and chat, or FaceTime, maybe. I guess this means we might need more than one family iPad.
It's a good thing I've got some time to save up.


<3, Tabi :D

p.s. I decided in the month of October to hide little monsters in all of my posts. Have you found them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...