Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

photo an hour // Our Saturday

I'm not sure if it was holiday stress or what, but it seems as of late November up until now, my days have gone pretty much like this: I wake up, rush to get kids ready, breakfast made, blur - blur - blur, figure out dinner, cook, clean up then fight kids to get to bed, so I can veg on the couch for a bit to catch up on some things or just decompress.

Things aren't going to slow down around here anytime soon, so I've got to figure something out. Something... so I don't go insane.

One idea I had is to force myself to take a Photo An Hour once per week on a different day every week. The point? To prove to myself that there actually is something going on in my days in between breakfast and bedtime. I will have actual photograph evidence of this. Hopefully, it will clear up the blur for me a bit.

This set of photos is from last Saturday (1/12). Saturdays are generally days filled with lazy, large breakfasts, no laundry, no school, no work. Sometimes I feel pressured to have something fun and amazing planned for the children, but this day I was particularly exhausted and just wanted to savor the 'day off'.


So what if I didn't take a photo every hour on the hour... hey! I'm a rule breaker. Plus, you get the idea. :)

We had a lazy-ish morning, and filled our bellies with pancakes. The kids played and I caught up on a couple of things on my laptop.

Then, we all were ready to get out of the house. Getting out of the house for me is a necessary thing for my mental health sometimes. We hit up a local show featuring the Buckshot Cloggers at a library. A little known fact about me: I was a clogger in my Maryland life. I danced from the time I could walk up until I was 17 years old. So, I enjoyed this immensely.

After the library/dance show, we hit up the park so Christopher could play with his toy he got for Christmas from Mimi and Poppy. He sure does love that helicopter! The boys played with the flying contraption while the girls and I did some swinging.

After heading home from the park, cooking dinner, bathing the children and putting them to bed - I talked Chris into helping me freshen up my hair a bit. So, I had to watch football in the bathroom with him. I was okay with it, though. By the time 11:00 pm (ish) came around, my hair color was all wrapped up in plastic, a shower cap and bandanna (I didn't want to risk waking up to pink dyed sheets!) and I was ready to crash.

That's my Saturday, folks. 

<3, Tabi :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...