Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Things That Make Me Happy Friday ...

... special Dr. Seuss Edition! 

In honor of the great Dr. Seuss' birthday, all these 'things' are Seuss-inspired. I won't go into how difficult it was for me to pick my top 5 Seuss things that make me happy, because everything Seuss makes me happy!!

  1. The Lorax. I am not talking about the Lorax just because of all the movie hype out right now, I pull this book (and cartoon DVD) out every Earth Day and many times between. The message is such a good one. I'm a sucker for a tree hugger, and that Lorax is the epitome of a tree hugger if there ever was. You go, Lorax!
  2. Yertle the Turtle. I first read this book when I was in the 7th grade... in art class while looking for clay inspiration. I ended up making clay turtles and have had a major obsession with turtles ever since! Another great message in this one. If I had a million dollars, I would buy a whole zoozle load of Yertle the Turtle books and send one to every CEO and politician. True Story.
  3. Truffula Trees. How beautiful are truffula trees?!?!? Colorful, tall, elegant, fluffy. Can someone please genetically engineer some truffula trees for me? Please?
    I've seen truffula tree inspired cake pops and cupcakes lately... brilliant!!! The original trees look scrumptious just on paper!
  4. Horton Hears a Who. That Horton.  I pray that everyone on this earth possesses at least a percentage of the great value Horton places on life. He was so delicate with those Whos. He cared so much for them that he searched a huge clover field one flower at a time to rescue those little guys when all his friends were calling him crazy.  That Horton. 
  5. Topsy Turvy Cakes. Well, topsy turvy anything. I love the craziness, the colorfulness, the creativity that Dr. Seuss has brought into our world. 
...

There are your 5 things, people.


BUT WAIT!!! Bonus 5 things. 
5 of my favorite Dr. Seuss book quotes:

1. “I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.”
    - Dr. Seuss, Yertle the Turtle 

2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
   - Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

3. “A person's a person, no matter how small.”
   - Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!

4. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
   - Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

5. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”
   - Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!


<3, Tabi :D

P.S.  Don't forget to vote for me on Top Baby Blogs!! Please click on the banner below to vote for me. It only takes a second, I swear. Thanks so much. :) 
 
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs




1 comment:

  1. I've never read The Lorax. I guess I better jump on that!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...