Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rules for Marriage

Image via Pinterest
My blog is about me focusing on the positive things and the things that make me happy. One of those things that make me happy is: my marriage.

I recently read a post titled  5 Rules for Marriage.

I am absolutely no expert on marriage, I've only had this one. Also, I'm pretty sure my rules will not apply to everyone's marriage as each relationship is unique in it's own way.

But either way, I thought I'd go ahead and give my own take on these "5 Rules for Marriage". Here goes:
  1. Marry the right guy. Don't pick someone who you feel you have to change for. Don't pick someone who you think will change in time. Do pick someone who feels like home. Do pick someone who can make you laugh and who knows how to comfort and make you feel better when you're down. Do pick someone who you are proud to call your own.
  2. Always be honest. Don't keep secrets. Sometimes, this means you have to search your own self for the truth. Your partner may know you really well, but not as good as you know you. You know?
  3. Put effort into your love life. With 3 and a half kids and limited free babysitters, date night around here is non-existent, so it all comes down to s-e-x. If the love life gets put on the back burner, you don't feel as connected. Connectivity/intimacy is important to a healthy relationship. Without it, humans look for intimacy elsewhere.
  4. If something is bugging you, TELL HIM! It drives me mad when my husband does the dishes, but leaves food particles in the sink and in the dish brush. If I didn't tell him that, then it would fester inside me until I would start talking about his nastiness behind his back to my friends. So, I tell him... and he fixes it. He knows it's important to me, so he puts forth a bit more effort. This goes both ways. When he gives back a little constructive criticism, try to not get defensive and listen to what he has to say. (I'm working on this part, myself.)
  5. Kiss him every day. At least once. And be grateful for what a lucky girl you are.
On a side note:  Compromising means no one is happy. I know a lot of people say compromising is the key to a successful marriage, but I disagree... with a passion. I say, let him win sometimes and he'll let you win sometimes. Lucky for me, we are usually on the same page when it comes to the important stuff, so this is generally a non issue.

So, do you have a 'Rule for Marriage'? I'd love to hear what works for you.

<3, Tabi :D

2 comments:

  1. Ok what is something's bugging you and you tell him like a million times and he doesn't fix it??? Then what? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...