Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Finding the time

Lately, the hardest part of crossing things off my list is finding the time. There are so many important things that need to be done, and so many of them seem to be of equal priority.

Playing. Cleaning. Making food. Crafting/creative time. Personal hygiene. Family time. Exercise. Play dates. Resting.

All these things need to be done on a daily basis. Times five people. With the exponential difficulty that is added on by three (sometimes four) children in tow.

Some days I am Super Mom and can do it all. Other days? Other days I can barely get three meals on the table without exhaustion setting in.

So what's the secret? What is the thing that makes these days so different? Maybe it's the lunar phases? Maybe... heck - I have no more guesses.

I've tried schedules (I suck at schedules). I've tried lowering my expectations. I've tried just letting things slide. But just enough is never good enough for me. My expectations are high, but I promise you they are realistic.

There are some Moms who can conquer and defeat every single day. I've read about them on blogs. I stalk them on Facebook and Twitter. You Super Moms out there, bequeath your secret to me.

I have an inkling that patience is part of their secret?

...


“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
-Albert Einstein




Hmmmmm... ponder this. 



This quote also led me back to one of my recently found philosophies:
Consider that you are doing exactly what you should be doing and are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Does anyone else think about things sometimes so much that they don't make sense anymore? This happens to me all the time.




2 comments:

  1. I tried crossing so much off my list yesterday that when I was getting into bed I realized I had forgot to shower! That is not like me at all. I didn't even finish my list I only crossed off 3 things. Where did the time go? Is there a time bandit in my house?
    My list just never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where two hours of your time went yesterday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...