Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day to you!

Today is Labor Day here in good ole America and that means kids in school, people that have government jobs, bankers and some other lucky office workers have the day off. Mostly, it signifies the 'end of summer', except if you live in Florida, where we will continue to have summer weather for at least 6 more weeks... usually.

My kids asked me yesterday why there was no school, then why we celebrate Labor Day, and... funny... I really had no idea. Lucky for me, I get all my news from Twitter and someone tweeted this Time For Kids article explaining why we have Labor Day and so we learned together this morning.

I am so thankful for those people that fought over a century ago so that our children aren't forced to work in factories. My Roxy thought it was absolutely ludicrous that kids had to work in factories at some point in our history (and it is!), but then I reminded her that some kids in other countries still do. We both agreed that those people in those countries should do something about that.

Now to commemorate the 'End of Summer' (as is customary), I am sharing my 'Summer Adventure' photo book I just created yesterday (for FREE thanks to Fat Mum Slim). It details our summer through Instagram filters (because the FREE book was an Instagram book).


May you have a relaxing and enjoyable day today, enjoy your family, enjoy the weather, enjoy all the things that matter... wherever you are. xo

<3, Tabi :D

1 comment:

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...