Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies... mmmmm

I know you were wondering if those cookies from Zoie's party were vegan. Well... yes! Yes, they are.

I like to bake, but historically I never had much luck with cookies, so I was a little nervous to try out a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. Lucky for me, this one was easy and muy delicioso!

I found it here.

Left to Right: Pillsbury Ready to Bake Sugar Cookies, Birthday Cake Oreos, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients:
1 cup dairy-free margarine or shortening (I usually use Earth Balance)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Plain Soy Milk (or rice milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chips (I found these at Target!)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. 
  2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add soy milk, cream well, then add vanilla. 
  3. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, then fold in the chocolate chunks with a spatula. 
  4. Drop by teaspoons on greased* cookie sheets. I have a mini ice cream scoop that works awesome for this.
  5. Bake at 350°F degrees for about 10 minutes.
  6. Remove from baking sheet and cool on racks. 
* I did not grease my cookie sheets and they turned out fine, but try this at your own risk.

Enjoy!

<3, Tabi :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...