I like to bake, but historically I never had much luck with cookies, so I was a little nervous to try out a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. Lucky for me, this one was easy and muy delicioso!
I found it here.
|Left to Right: Pillsbury Ready to Bake Sugar Cookies, Birthday Cake Oreos, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies|
1 cup dairy-free margarine or shortening (I usually use Earth Balance)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Plain Soy Milk (or rice milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chips (I found these at Target!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add soy milk, cream well, then add vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, then fold in the chocolate chunks with a spatula.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased* cookie sheets. I have a mini ice cream scoop that works awesome for this.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on racks.
<3, Tabi :D