Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rough Week & Random Thoughts

Today is November 10th & this is my ninth Thankvember post. Oops. Skipped a day!


Today I am thankful for:
++ this weekend ++
the courage to verbally express my feelings
a cold glass of Chardonnay
my husband and my kids' abilities to cheer me up
Johnny Cash
moving forward
the 6.5 weeks we have until Christmas
Star Wars
being ME

It's been a rough, emotional roller coaster kind of week. I don't think I'm alone in this, I've seen many many Facebook updates and Tweets exclaiming this very phenomenon. I'm happy to report that I let myself feel a --w  i  d  e-- range of emotions, instead of suppressing them.

...

Have you ever thought about happy being our default emotion? If we aren't happy, then something is wrong... people are curious, more interested. If a child draws a picture of a bunny with a sad face, then the first question is, "Why is the bunny sad?" But if the bunny had a happy face, the question isn't instinctively, "Why is the bunny happy?".

Thus (getting philosophical), when we aren't happy, to get back to happy we must restore to our factory defaults? We focus on our basic needs, plug into our root sources and quit thinking so much.

(Thanks to B.T. for planting this philosophical seed in my brain.)  

Tabi out.

<3, Tabi :D
   

Thankvember Blog Hop Linky after the jump...  



2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, i'm stopping by from Bloglovin where i'm following you. Your little one is adorable in that little jacket! I had a few too many glasses of Chardonnay last night, oops. I can't wait until Christmas, i get to see the entire family. I hope you & the fam are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about just returning to our basic needs when we aren't happy--something I think we way too often overlook. Thanks for linking up with #MTMmixer!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...