Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful For Giving


Today I am Thankful: to Give

You've heard the saying, "It's better to give than to receive." Receiving is pretty freaking cool, but you get super cool warm fuzzies from giving. Giving is hella cool in that way.

Christmas is a bit overwhelming to me in that: (1) I always wait until the last minute to start my Christmas shopping, and (2) there are so many people on my list. I like birthdays and baby showers, etc because it allows us to focus on one person and put actual, quality thought into the gift. 

Today was my bestest Florida friend's baby shower. She's having her third boy and I wanted to give her something that was unique and something that she'll be able to create a cute record of his first year of physical changes. Plus, I just thought the baby needed a little Star Wars in his life.

So, I bought a bunch of plain white onesies (15 to be exact)... newborn size up to 18 months, created graphics starting at 1 week old to 3 weeks old (since they change so much in that first month), then 1 month old up to 1 year old. I printed them out on iron on HP paper and ironed them on. I thought about buying those Picky Sticky things, but I thought the graphics available were too busy. We want those pictures to be more about the baby, so I chose to create something a bit more subtle.

...

I was browsing Etsy one night... window shopping for Star Wars goodies (as I often do) and came across a diaper clutch. I thought... 'Nicole needs one of these for baby R!!' So, I found a tutorial and went ahead and made one for her. (Thank You, Mr. Sewing Machine for your cooperation.) It's a little ditty that opens up to two pockets, one for diapers and one for wipes. When your done changing baby, close it up with an easy peasy, no fuss magnetic clasp. (Brilliant!) No, she's not a Star Wars geek like me, but her baby Daddy and son is, so I'm sure baby R will be, too.

I absolutely love how these came out. And, more importantly, she loved the gifts, too! :)

<3, Tabi :D

p.s. If you're interested, I'd love to craft something like this up for you!  Let's talk!

>> Thankvember Blog Hop Linky after the jump...  

... go ahead, jump on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...