Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Friday, November 23, 2012

the BEST VEGAN PANCAKES ever

(( Today is day 23 of Thankvember. What are you thankful for? ))
 
It's been a while since I've posted a new recipe on here, and I think I've finally perfected my vegan pancake recipe, so today's a good day to start back up.


I made a batch of these on Wednesday morning before the big Thanksgiving Day prep, so we'd have leftovers to eat on Turkey Day morning while I was making pumpkin pie, prepping a tofurkey, etc.
Did I mention they are great leftovers, too? Just pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and voila!

Pancake leftovers and lots of Thanksgiving leftovers means no big meal prepping for this Mama!
So today, I am thankful for: Great Food and Leftovers!

Without further ado, let's get to it:

Best Vegan Pancake Recipe on the Interweb (that I've seen anyways)
makes a hearty amount for 6-8 people
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups Self Rising Flour
  • 3 heaping tablespoons of sugar
  • 3 pinches of sea salt
  • a splash of lemon juice
  • 2-1/2 cups of plain soy milk (or almond milk or vanilla soy milk)
  • a splash of vanilla (if you like vanilla, or not so necessary if you're using vanilla soy milk)
  • 6 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
  • Cooking Spray
  • Vegan Butter (we use Earth Balance)
  • Syrup, Powdered Sugar (known around here as: Snow), Nutella or whatever you're favorite pancake topping is.
Directions:
  • Preheat your skillet to a medium high setting.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt).
  • In a measuring cup, pour in a splash of lemon juice, then fill in your 2-1/2 cups of soy milk and your splash of vanilla if you're using it. Let it sit for a few minutes until it gets sort of chunky.
  • Scoop the applesauce in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
  • When the 'buttermilk' mixture looks a tad gross and chunky, pour it in the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well. (I promise it's supposed to look like that. I also promise this tastes deelish.) If the batter seems too thick, add in splashes of soy milk or soy creamer until you get the right consistency. When the batter is stirred well, let it sit for 5 minutes.
  • After the five minutes is up, spray your skillet and drop spoonfuls of the batter on to cook. You'll know when to flip when bubbles are peeping through the top of your pancake. Flip and cook the other side for a minute or two. 
  • When the pancakes are ready to come off the skillet, I like to butter them right away.
  • When I make my batches, I generally make half regular and throw in about a half cup of mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter and cook up chocolate chip pancakes too. They are my favorite. MMmmm. Chocolate for breakfast is the BEST way to start your day.
  • Divy out onto plates, top with your favorite pancake topping & ENJOY!
I hope you like these as much as we do. This is a rather large batch, but I love having leftover pancakes in my fridge. I'd estimate they stay for a good week in the fridge in a ziplock bag airtight container.

If you make these & have any questions/suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

p.s. A big thank you to my friend Nicole who taught me the sub applesauce for eggs trick. :)

<3, Tabi :D

Did you know this was a blog hop? Check out all the other gratefulness going on in blogosphere. Thankvember Blog Hop Linky after the jump...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...