Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Currently.


Developing. A well rounded mostly vegan menu to please the whole family. Vegan cooking is, well... different. It's a much bigger challenge than I had anticipated. The cooking times for most of the meals I've tried out range from 45 minutes to well past 2 hours. It's involved! I'm not going to give in to the easy, higher priced, less nutrition, pre-packaged frozen foods, either. I'm getting there, and it does seem to be getting easier every day.

For you curious folks, our Vegan Adventure menu this week looks like this:
  • Couscous with Chickpeas and Tomatoes (DEELISH!)
  • Vegan Enchiladas (OMG, I wanted to eat the whole casserole dish full, they were so yummy)
  • Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Aioli with Baked Potatoes (tonight's dish)
  • Falafel Balls with Lo Mein type noodles (NOTE: Falafel balls were a falafel FAIL!)
  • Vegan Lasagna cupcakes (these I have not attempted yet, excited to try them out tomorrow!)
Watching. We honestly don't watch much TV around here. However, after the children's are slumbering, we have been known to watch Game of Thrones (so addictive). The first episode of this new season seriously made me ponder quitting GOT... with all the infanticide and all...
Also, I just finished up watching the last episode of The United States of Tara. We don't have cable, so pretty much everything is watched via Hulu or streamed to us via Netflix. If there is something I'm missing and should be watching let me know as Tara has left a void that needs to be filled in my nighttime routine. Oh, and New Girl!! I love me some Schmidt. <3

Working On. Bikini season is upon us here in Florida, and I'm determined to be a hot mama at the YMCA splash pool this year. I've been seriously busting my butt at the gym 3 to 4 times a week these past few months. And I do have to say I'm proud of what my booty is doing these days. It's so well rounded.  ;)

The Puzzle I can't Crack. Riley's face rash is seriously my biggest enigma. He's been to the pediatrician and the dermatologist. He's been allergy tested... I don't know what else the doctors can do. It seems to me they are just throwing whatever popular and pricey creams, etc at us to see what sticks. His allergy test came back he was allergic to dust and milk. Well, we've cut out all his milk in his diet and dust regularly. Use the 4 creams as directed and in the almost half a year since this started, the silly rash has yet to clear up 100%. Let me project to you how frustrated I am... >.<

Listening To. Pandora, mostly... to be less vague: my Three Little Birds channel, my No Doubt channel and my Caspar Babypants channel. In that order of amount of playtime. I'm loving my ska, Lily Allen and of course Reggae.

Procrastinating. Cameron's 10th birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. Guess what kind of party he wants... Star Wars... If you recall, it's been done for the Bear and then again for my Roxy. What can I do to switch it up this time? This is why I'm procrastinating it...
(but if you know me, I love all things Star Wars, so I am definitely up for the challenge, just not ready to jump in... yet!)

Wishing. That I could at least see the light at the end of our financial woes tunnel. The light is there, it has to be. I'm just afraid that we haven't hit rock bottom yet. And that really scares me the crap. But the upside is, that we are NOT (thank the universe) one of those couples who fight about money! My family is totally unaffected, at this point, by our financial state. I just hope we never get to that point.

Anticipating. Summertime!! Beach time. Pool time. No school. And my little kiddies to myself all day, every day. <3


This post was inspired by Sometimes Sweet. Thanks for the inspiration!

<3, Tabi :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...