Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Saturday, February 11, 2012

For my Cousin Paulie

I'm so sorry we lost touch with each other over the years, I am carrying a lot of guilt over this. It's mostly my fault, for putting so many miles between us.

I will always remember you as a kid being kind of goofy, strong, very grounded and always warm.

I imagine you to be the best kind of father a kid could ask for, and the kind of husband other wives are jealous of.

To Cathie and your children:

While there is no way I can say to your family I know how you feel at this moment, losing one of the most important things in life so unexpectedly, I can say I've been blessed to become a part of a family who went through a tragedy pretty similar to yours almost 25 years ago.

My husband lost his father to an unexpected heart attack at the tender age of 9. His Dad left behind a wife and 5 young children. To me, being a part of the Deneweth's for 7 years now, I feel Chris' Dad's presence in my life every day. He is talked about with such great respect. He is honored in each and every one of his family's houses by a photo, a plaque, a piece of jewelry, but mostly by stories. I feel like I know him almost as well as if he were actually here.

His unexpected exit from this life is a strong bond they all share. The force of his presence in my life is what comforts me and truly has made me a much more spiritual person.

I'm sharing this with you, because I know right now the future looks dark. Everything seems unfair, I'm sure. I just wanted to reach out and give you a tiny ray of hope, that while he will not be with you everyday like you've always known him to be, he will be there everyday with you, with your children, with your children's children and future members of the family.

A lot of people are far too close to the situation to have feelings like I'm having right now, and it's really hard for me to share this but I need to, it's such a strong feeling...

I have a strong feeling of PEACE about this situation. I feel Paul is okay and at peace. I feel his family will be okay (with time). I feel his honor and legacy will live on through each one of his children. This is not indifference on my part, it's very different. It's a definite and very strong feeling of peace.

All my love from far far away. Hugs and Kisses from all of us to all of you. xoxo

<3, Tabi :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...