Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Short Term Goal: Feel Better


This weeks goal was supposed to be to focus on losing 5 pounds. But I don't feel good, so eff that!

I am so impatient. It's who I am, <queue whiny voice> I feel like I've been sick forever!! I was starting to think that I'm just getting old and this is what old people feel like.

But I know that is not right.

My body is strong and I know I can kick this, but I did a little research on how to feel better and came across this interesting article. I already lead a pretty healthy lifestyle, but I know I can make some major improvements.

A couple things I need to work on:
  • More/Better sleep. This means I have to work on helping Zoie sleep better, and weaning her from mid-night nursing - an issue I've been dreading to address.
  • More sex. This will also help with someone else's well being, too. ;)
  • Eat more fruits and veggies. I always shove these down my kids' throats <not literally>, then forget to eat them myself.
  • Allow myself to rest when I don't feel well. This is especially hard for me. Not just because I have three young children, but also because doing nothing causes me great anxiety.

Some surprising things I learned from this article:
  • These things (that I do) help you live longer: happy marriage, eating chocolate, having lots of kids (three and a half kids is a lot, right?).
  • Sex and staying married helps you look younger. 
  • Onions and garlic are good for your immune system. I love onions and I love garlic! Perhaps this is why my immune system is usually pretty iron clad?
  • And this: "German scientists found that the earlier in life a woman has sex, the less stressed she is as an adult. They found that the lowest levels of stress hormone were among those who had had sex at the youngest age. A similar effect was found in men." 

LOL! @ this:
9. Make music: Playing a wind instrument can improve muscle tone and appearance. It keeps skin taut and looking younger. An hour of blowing burns 200 calories.
 I'm so immature. :D

Anyways, this is my goal: To Feel Better. Today, while I have extra help (from Christopher), I am working on trying to rest because I feel like crap. After I scrub the toilets.

<3, Tabi :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...