Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

About Dreaming

Jet Powered Unicorns from An Awesome Book by Dallas Clayton
Tonight we read one of our new books that the internet sent us called An Awesome Book. It's a book about dreaming. About dreaming big and dreaming loud.

In the book, which is awesomely illustrated btw, the author goes into how some people stop dreaming big and they start dreaming about furniture and phones and boring normal stuff.

That
author
was
talking
about
ME!!! 

I have stopped dreaming big and my dreams now consist of boring practical things. I am the me I swore that I would never become. (I partly blame Christopher. I was never practical before I met him.)

I remember vividly the day my parents told me that one day I was going to have to grow up and do real things and have responsibility and respect and blah blah blah... My reply was something to the effect of, "Never! Why would I want to grow up and be boring and grumpy?"

This is the part where I say that my 18 year old self would totally kick my ass right now.

What has happened to me that has worn me down to the point where my aspirations involve paying for groceries? My goal of the week this week is cleaning out a closet. A freaking closet. Last night I had dreams of cooking eggs and regular old pancakes. I daydream about a bra that fits properly.

Dammit. I've grown up.

But it's okay. The first part in fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem. And I hear that's the hardest part, so I've got a head start already.

Thank you, Awesome Book. I am inspired to start dreaming bigger and then 50 times bigger than that and waaayyyy louder. ( And my kids really loved this book, too. They really loved the detailed illustrations. )

Have you read any inspiring children's books lately? You can find An Awesome Book here or at your local library.

Sweet Dreams!

<3, Tabi :D

p.s. Click here to read a book my 6 year old Roxy wrote (on her own) about fairies. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think we all feel this way at times. It's great that you're staying in touch with your dreams. :) What a nice book!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...