Blog Love Portfolio Site Sponsor Me Parent Tips Vegan Stuff Image Map

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 17: My Proud Mama Moment

My 2 year old Roxtar in dance class


I was definitely a proud Mama after I birthed each of my three children. I was proud that I made those perfect little munchkins (pretty much) all by myself.

The moment they were born though, I have to say, I don't think the feeling was pride. There was definitely an overwhelming feeling of love and relief, but in those birthing rooms, pride was not the feeling I remember.

The very first moment I felt so much pride that I had uncontrollable tears was the day my shy little 2 year old Roxy joined in with her dance class and stepped right in line like a proper child just as she should.

It wasn't much. The dance teacher set up a small little obstacle course for the toddlers to practice their balance and coordination skills on. When Roxy did it, I cried crocodile tears the whole time. I was SO PROUD of her! I was proud that she had the courage to complete this task without Mommy or Daddy AND in front of her peers and other parents watching. And, oh! the look on her face after completing this task was the icing on the cake. She was pure happiness and joy.

This was her first experience in participating in extracurricular activity, so at that very moment, somehow it all hit me (almost like a smack in the face) that I was doing something right in parenting this child.  She had the confidence to do something on her own, and we instilled that in her. Her body had the hardware needed and properly wired to complete a task designed for her age group, and I made that and developed it and properly nourished it.

This small little moment was definitely not newsworthy, or even announcement worthy, but it's my proud moment that has been logged, bookmarked and laminated for posterity in my bank of memories.

What's your proud Mama moment? Read what other bloggers are proud of here.

<3, Tabi :D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to my page :)

    I had debated not using those pictures, but (like you said) I figured most people have them and know that you're obviously not looking your best after childbirth. And I just don't care, those babies are cute enough to take away from my puffiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful proud moment - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, thanks so much for sharing.

Have an awesome day.

xo, Tabi :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...